- Decreased wait times from 75 minutes to 15 minutes (at peak hours).
- Eight new express and limited stop lines, serving the airport, universities, malls and other areas.
- GPS tracking on entire fleet, with exact arrival times accessible on cell phones.
- New shelters, benches and signage at bus stops.
- Expanding service to high-demand areas (increasing from 19 to 37 routes).
- Three new transfer centers to replace “hub and spoke” system with “grid” system, allowing easy transfers all over the city-parish.
- Laying a foundation for Bus Rapid Transit in the future.
A successful vote will mean a complete overhaul of our transit system. If the election fails, the transit system will shut down completely in July 2012. Don’t let that happen. Vote YES on April 21st. Visit togetherbr.org for more information and a presentation on comprehensive transit reform.